On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 03:46:28PM +0100, Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
> So I will need (C versions of) these things "soonish".

What exactly do you need? The stuff which does all the various character sets
as well, or just the UTF8-bytes-characters conversion routines? I've taken the
Encode documentation and I'm beavering away on it right now. ( Jarkko, the
error handling business means we can't use the API. :( We have to reimplement
most of utf8.c ourselves to trap errors and despatch everything off to the
error handling routine at the point of failure.) I'll send in patches every
day or so.

Simon

--
"He was a modest, good-humored boy.  It was Oxford that made him insufferable."