On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 12:02:23PM -0500, Mark-Jason Dominus wrote:
> This may use much machinery.  I wasn't sure how to test Perl's
> behavior under varions environment variable settings without forking a
> child process, setting up the appropriate environment, and actually
> running Perl.
>
> Simon, can you confirm that all tests pass when Perl has your patch installed?

Without the patch:
 % perl runenv.t
1..8
not ok 1 # Stderr mismatch: expected [Name "main::x" used only once: possible typo at
-e line 1.\nUse of uninitialized value in print at -e line 1.\n], saw []
ok 2
not ok 3 # Stderr mismatch: expected [Global symbol "$x" requires explicit package
name at -e line 1.\nExecution of -e aborted due to compilation errors.\n], saw []
not ok 4 # Stderr mismatch: expected [Global symbol "$x" requires explicit package
name at -e line 1.\nExecution of -e aborted due to compilation errors.\n], saw []
not ok 5 # Stderr mismatch: expected [Global symbol "$x" requires explicit package
name at -e line 1.\nExecution of -e aborted due to compilation errors.\n], saw []
not ok 6 # Stderr mismatch: expected [Global symbol "$x" requires explicit package
name at -e line 1.\nExecution of -e aborted due to compilation errors.\n], saw []
ok 7
ok 8
# 8 tests total.

With the patch:
[...]

More work required, I fear.
--
The FSF is not overly concerned about security.  - FSF