On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 06:31:38PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> > Patches to implement filters via PerlIO disciplines would fix that ;-)
>
> Documentation on the PerlIO discipline system would help an implementor :-)

perliol.pod is there now, so...

> (I was thinking about doing this. However, I believe Simon has had more
> experience in the filter system than I have. However, Simon is a busy man)

Sorry, I only just saw this message when preparing for the p5p summary. Yup, I
know the filter system reasonably well. I'll take a look at perliol.pod when I
get home, and try and work out how difficult it would be to change source
filters over to it. I expect it wouldn't be that bad to simply change it over
as-is, but we could also extend the system to allow it to add filter functions
at various different points within the layer stack, instead of just in one
place.

--
For detailed information on the "info" command, type "man info".
    - plan9 has a bad day