There's a bunch of modules on CPAN which implement the things
perl[bt]ootc? talk about, but they're rarely mentioned in the man
pages.  Particularly perltootc (1300 lines of extremely detailed docs
can be avoided with one module).

This patch adds in some mention of the more useful modules off the top
of my head: Class::Accessor, Class::Class, Class::Contract,
Class::Data::Inheritable, Class::MethodMaker and Tie::SecureHash.
These seem the most stable and useful of the breed.  I'm loathe to
mention some of the more out-there modules (such as Class::Classless)
in what are essential tutorials.

I'm going to put the idea of an object-persistence tutorial to the
POOP-group and see what falls out.

Perhaps we should compile a list of really useful OO modules and stick
them in perlobj?

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people.  Those with loaded