On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 04:37:41PM +0100, Paul Marquess wrote:
> From: Rafael Garcia-Suarez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> > Michael G Schwern listed:
> > [...]
> > > warnings::register (almost no docs)
>
> Hmm, would a "see L<warnings> and L<perllexwarn>." do?

I've always been a fan of putting the docs near the code, but if it
reads better with it all in perllexwarn a reference will do.

> > 2. test the *modules* warnings.pm (i.e. the functions
> >    warnings::enabled(), warnings::warn(), etc.) and
> >    warnings/register.pm. There are currently no tests for that.
> >
> > lib/warnings.t looks like it tests the 2d point, but in fact it tests
> > the first.
>
> Nope, it does both. The test files that start with digits are intended to
> test the features of the warnings pragma itself along with it's interaction
> with $^W. All the other files test specific warnings.
>
> The tests for warnings::enabled and warnings::warn are in 9enabled.

Hmmm, the tests in 9enabled only test the consistency of the warnings
API.  They don't seem to check if they actually enabled or disabled
any warnings.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One