At 09:06 AM 8/2/02 +0200, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
>So I guess the consistent way to solve the problem is to
>add magic to $$, at least for threaded perls on platforms
>where threads have a separate PID. (Is this the case for
>other platforms than Linux ?)

It's not really a problem, and I'm not asking to have $$ change it's
current behaviour.  If you want to kill a Perl threaded application,
killing one $$ value should be enough.

It's just that for this scheduling priority thing, at least under Linux, it
would be nice if there would be _another_ way to get at the pid of the
thread process.

Liz