Does the locale setting have to be done when perl is built or is it a
runtime thing? - my regression suite needs to test for this, and I'd prefer
not to have to create another perl binary unless I have to.

Been away from RH for a while now, but I'm pretty sure it's environment-variable-based, not in the binary itself.

Now, if I can just figure out what about the ExtUtils::MakeMaker upgrade broke my ability to create RPMs for my modules...

Randy
Randy J. Ray | Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
+1 650 930-9097 | -- Sir Winston Churchill