Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
Caveat: I'm coming to this discussion late.  But I think that when
there are no good choices, the trump card is security.  And the
algorithmic complexity attack is just that - an *attack*.  Security
vunlerabilities cannot be allowed to stand, even if the consequences
are painful.

I say: Seed those hashes.

Feel free to hash the issue (I'm sorry, I'm freshly out of good puns,
too tired) while I'm away.  Since we got started on the RCs, we might
as well release a few of them...

If Stas gets mod_perl and the randomised hashes to coexist,
we can flip RC3 back to the randomise-by-default.

I'm working on it. It's a bit hard to do it during the conference, but it's coming to an end now. Will keep you posted.