> perl-5.8.2 - came as pre-built binaries - from "free"
> Arabella (partner of
> Motorola/Freescale) CD-ROM (came with the board) - without support and
> without any documentation (fadsroot). I copied it ("fadsroot
> directory" from
> that CD-ROM onto the disk drive of my Linux Red Hat 9 Shrike
> Intel PC (NFS
> server) and my board mounts it as root file system during the booting
> (this is the intended use of "fadsroot").

ok. let us think those are valid binaries until proven otherwise.

> Apparently there were also some "remnants" of 5.8.0  ...

let use hope those do not mess with your binaries, unless.......

> >You can send binaries directly to me and I can try figuring this out
>
> This is "scattered" across several directories - should I
> tar/zip all those
> and send to you (how ? - may be more than
> e-mail could handle).

send them by archive to my home address [EMAIL PROTECTED] , and do NOT CC
to p5p list.
I hope that e-mail is reachable for you, lemme know otherwise.

> So there is no "designated porter" dealing with perl on Power
> PC arch ?

AFAIK people contribute their efforts as they do, no special designated
porters.

Personally, I have some little experience on running perl on PPC, but I
haven't got so far to rebuild recent perl for it.

Best regards,
Vadim.