On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 09:47:47AM -0000, Piyush Shourie wrote:
> Since there are enormous users of CPAN Perl as well, I believe there
> must be some mechanism available in CPAN Perl  to relocate the Perl to a
> new location. Please enlighten me about the same.

Nope.  Nothing else is currently available.

> Also I tried using the reloc_perl script of ActiveState Perl with my
> CPAN Perl. The issue that I am encountering is that the relocation is
> successful if the destination path is shorter than source path, but in
> case destination path is greater than the source path, even though the
> Perl is relocated, but the INC path is not updated.

As Jos pointed out, this is documented behavior.  Its because the tool
does a s/// on the perl binary and cannot allocate more space for the
path within it.

The simple work around, and this is what ActiveState does last I checked,
is to simply use a very long source path in /tmp.