On 2005-03-12, at 10:28:42 -0800, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/src/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.25_09.tar.gz
> or
> http://svn.schwern.org/svn/ExtUtils-MakeMaker/trunk
> or
> a CPAN near you
>
> Its another alpha release of MakeMaker!  This one is a release candidate.
> The last few rounds of changes have all been specific to VMS so I don't
> expect many problems though I'd like it if the mod_perl folks can do their
> usual hammering as well as PDL, Tk, WxPerl, etc...

I've just tested with two of my modules (Convert::Binary::C and
Devel::PPPort, both XS and the first one with a 700 line Makefile.PL),
and noticed the (re-)running 'make test' triggers re-building of _all_
OBJECT files and PL_FILES targets, even though they're not touched.

Is this a known "feature"? If so, why has the behaviour been changed?

> As for the VMS issues, I believe there are a few left wrt older versions of
> MMS.  Unless these can be resolved posthaste I'm going to have to drop
> support for those versions of MMS for this release.  Sorry, I can't hold it
> up a release any longer.
>
> The new version of dmake released by Steve Hay is not well tested.  I'd
> appreciate if folks can give that a knock about.
> http://search.cpan.org/~shay/dmake-4.3-20050307-SHAY/
>
> I've reviewed the open bugs on rt.cpan.org and nothing looks urgent enough
> to hold up a badly needed new stable release.  If you feel otherwise, please
> yell.

Not quite a bug, but if I rework my 'license' patch

  http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bug.html?id=8561

do you see a chance of integrating it in the near
future (not the next release, of course)?

Marcus

--
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will find
at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.