On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 07:56:00AM +0200, demerphq wrote:
> On Apr 5, 2005 12:25 AM, Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > We're also secure enough to
> > know that there's some things awk and sed still do better.
>
> Never having used Sed or Awk, im curious what you think they do
> better? Should we have a little section somewhere "When to use Awk or
> Sed instead?"

Well, there was that really awkward [1] attempt at trying to get the nice
piping semantics of:

        perl program file | perl -e code | perl program2

purely in Perl without invoking the shell that I posted earlier. [2] However,
I guess this is really more about the power of shell pipes than awk/sed.

[1] Pun not intended.
[2] IO::All edges towards it.