On 19 Apr 2005 22:13:24 -0000, via RT Dan Jacobson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  Dan Jacobson
>
> perlintro neglects to mention what $array[-1], @array[-2..4] etc.
> means. Better mention it in perlintro, as that is apparently the only
> place in the man pages where that stuff is mentioned, except for one
> @foo[$#foo-4..$#foo] on perlop. Also mention @bad[2..-4], @bad[1..], etc.

perldata also documents this, and it probably The Place it should be documented.

OTOH I was surprised that perldata doesnt have headings like  Array's
and hash'es, etc. For instance the negative indexing behaviour is
documented in the less than brilliantly named section called
"Subscripts" and the slicing behaviour in a slightly more meaningful
(although one that still requires a fair level of familiarity with
Perl) section called "Slices".

Personally I think an addition to the perldata of sections based on
type would be a good idea. Especially for quick skimming of indexes
etc. Although knowing me and the perldocs maybe this is tucked away
somewhere my quick perusal didnt reveal.

Cheers,
Yves