On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 11:43, demerphq wrote:

> > -eb '...'  ===  -e '...' but before the implicit while loop
> > -ee '...'  ===  -e '...' but after the implicit while loop
>
> but if we are going to go with double char usage this isnt a bad idea
> IMO.

My installed Perl is 5.8.3:

        $ perl -d -eb

        Editor support available.

        Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

        main::(-e:1):   b
          DB<1>

Of course, it's unlikely that anyone uses -eb (not a terribly useful
program), but it's worth thinking about the fact that you're going to
have to accept "-ecode" and recognize that "code" happens to be a flag.

I'd be much happier with long options, but that's just me.

--
Aaron Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith