On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:26:56 +0100, Nicholas Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Would it make sense to replace the hardwired 2048 file descriptor reference
> count array (used in perlio.c, defined in perlvars.h)

In in favour of lifting hard coded limits, but I'd not like that to cause
speed concerns. How about a stic set of, say, 32 fd's, and the rest fully
dynamic?

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using Perl 5.6.2, 5.8.0, 5.8.5, & 5.9.2  on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00 & 11.11,