> I've
> managed to install perl itself, by using -Dinstallprefix but how do I
> handle perl modules? For example, first on the list is MD5 1.7. Using
> the standard perl Makefile.PL, make will install locally while
> <path-to-xcompile>/perl Makefile.PL makes no sense.

modules could be cross-compiled for 'wince', which is not your case (yet
'wince' is not configure-ish platform).

However, approach to build modules there is quite reasonable (IMHO): you do
  perl -MCross Makefile.PL
and then make to build it; so it would be a good step if all other
cross-compilations of perl could use similar approach.

Vadim.