On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 11:12:03AM -0400, Scott R. Godin wrote:
> I was surprised to find that Date::Parse actually had these value limits
> hard-coded into itself and wasn't utilizing the underlying library
> functions to determine its acceptable ranges somehow.

I posted up some proof-of-concept code for that to be done in Config.pm,
determine the range limitations of localtime() during the Perl build and
use that to generate sensible localtime() warnings when trying to process
dates outside its acceptable range.

And then there's a crazier idea of incorporating our own date handling code
which doesn't have the cramped range of the system's localtimes, but I
don't know how to do that.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.