Stas Bekman wrote:
blead complains about Perl_form(aTHX_ "Perl/v%vd", PL_patchlevel));
mod_perl.c:700: warning: unknown conversion type character `v' in format

why doesn't it work anymore? what format should I use instead? SVf?

I'm investigating. However PL_patchlevel in blead is a version object (sort of), so I need to make sure that still works the way you expect it to. I didn't remove "%vd" support (though I did alter it so that for version objects, it is equivalent to "%s").

I just realized that may not work on PL_patchlevel, however, since that is a version object in form, but not in name. It happens that at the time that PL_patchlevel is created, there is no name stash in existence, and hence the bless into the "version" class has no effect. It just occurred to me that I can actually go back to storing PL_patchlevel as a v-string and just elevate it to a version object when needed (during output for $^V and $] or comparing). I'll work on a patch (I'm syncing blead right now).

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group