Jim Cromie wrote:

>Marcus Holland-Moritz wrote:

>>>But isn't that what Devel::PPPort is for? Providing edible cake.
>>>

>>Yes. :-)
>>
>>Marcus
>>

>heres that patch again, in 2 pieces.
>
>1.  bzipped changes New -> Newx, New? -> Newx?
>also includes macros for old x-less New, so that XS code continues to
>work wo src changes.
>Theres XS out there that doesnt package ppport.h
>
>2. patch to API pod in handy.h
>docs the x-less version, adds 3 lines explaining the x-version.
>I dont much care whether the 3 lines survive peer-review,
>it looks like I can just truncate the patch and it will still apply.

Thanks - applied both patches as change 25101.

I reverted all the changes to the dual-lived modules since they must
still work with older perls too.  It is best to wait for Marcus to
release a new Devel::PPPort and then those modules that use ppport.h can
update after that.

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this
message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender
immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this
message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should
check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no