On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 07:43:13PM -0400, Joshua Kronengold wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 7:17 pm, Michael G Schwern via RT wrote:
> >The bleadperl version tries both getcwd() and cwd().  Both fail.
> >In fact, nothing works:
>
> I think shelling out usually works (on unixlike systems) as a last
> resort.

One of the things Cwd tries is `pwd`.  It doesn't work because it doesn't
have any more information to go on than Perl does.

0 ~/tmp/foo/bar$ perl -wle 'print `pwd`'
pwd: : Permission denied

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
You are wicked and wrong to have broken inside and peeked at the