On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 11:40:59AM +0100, Paul Marquess wrote:
> Well, assuming you can actually build them, I find it just as easy to test
> modules with *all* official Perl releases. That's what I've been doing with
> my modules for years.

Its bad enough having to work around bugs in 5.5.4 that have been fixed in
later Perls.  Do I also want to work around bugs in 5.5.2 that have been
fixed in 5.5.4 just because someone can't be arsed to do a minor upgrade?

Not particularly.

A glimpse of this sort of thing can be had in all the threads bug work arounds
inside Test::Builder (a module which doesn't even use threads!) to deal with
5.8.0 bugs.  I'm sure XS authors have a similarly hard time.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
You are wicked and wrong to have broken inside and peeked at the