On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 08:57:52PM -0400, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> What I do not have locally is an unpacked copy of unmodified 5.8.6 or
> 5.8.7.  The local copies on this system already have my ODS-5, UNIX, and
> POSIX fixes, so I do not have a quick way to do a diff, and vms.c got
> significant changes.  And since then I have discovered a small buffer
> highwater mark overrun in the original code.  That fix is also only on
> my work copy.

Might I suggest you check your local copies of Perl into a local version
control system?  I usually use RCS for small changes to small groups of files
or I dump the whole thing into darcs for larger changes.

Otherwise just keep a clean copy of the source code around to diff against.
Disk is cheap.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
You are wicked and wrong to have broken inside and peeked at the