From: Craig A. Berry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> The attached patch (plus one additional step) gets bleadperl building on
> VMS again. The additional step is renaming the directory
>
> ext/Compress/Zlib/zlib-src-1.2.3

> ext/Compress/Zlib/zlib-src
>
> which I assume needs to be done in Perforce. The related changes to
> MANIFEST and ext/Compress/Zlib/config.in are in the patch. The dot is
> the directory delimiter on VMS, and although newer versions of VMS have
> ways to escape the dots when the non-default features for doing so are
> enabled, it's a heck of a lot easier to just avoid dots in directory
> names.

Hmmm, given the lack of VMS-related mail in my inbox, does this mean that
nobody has tried to install the latest Compress::Zlib on VMS since January?
C::Zlib-1.34 added a zlib-src-1.2.2 directory in January.

Anyway, I've updated my development copy to match your change.

Paul

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com