Hi all,

during development of POD2::IT translation project, I've looked more in deep the
(excellent) Pod::Perldoc package.

Since we've proposed also a patch to perldoc in order to integrate it with
generic pod translations package (not only italian), we've tested all switches
with the new one -L <language_code>.

We've seen that ther's a strange behaviour with -m switch (it shows file in its
entirety). In particular:

        %> perldoc -m perlboot

works well (in general with all core pods). But for example:

        %> perldoc -m lwpcook

doesn't work and:

        %> perldoc lwpcook

does work! (of course, with the last two you must have LWP installed in your
system).

In a few words: Pod/Perldoc.pm adds also .pod extension (to perldoc argument)
only if:

1) -m switch hasn't been specified

or

2) only for 'pod/' or 'pods/' subdirectory (indipendently from -m switch
presence).

Sincerely, I don't know if there's a directive and/or specification and/or a
reason that suggests to put *.pod files (shipped in a distribution) into a pod/
or pods/ subdirectory, but there are many CPAN modules that don't do it! :-)

So, I think that the !$self->opt_m condition at the line 1537 of Pod/Perldoc.pm
could be omitted.

I've included a very simple patch over Pod/Perldoc.pm 3.14

by

        - Enrico