On 12 Jul 2005 at 16:19, Michael G Schwern via RT wrote:

> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Sun Jun 22 23:53:28 2003]:

> > The debugger command "x" works as expected, but "|x" shows no output
> > at all:
>
> I am unable to reproduce this problem.  What pager does the debugger
> think you're using?  You can find out with this:
>
> $ perl -de 1

> Editor support available.
>
> Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.
>
> main::(-e:1):   1
>   DB<1> print DB::pager
> |/usr/bin/less

main::(-e:1):   1
  DB<1> print DB::pager
|less

So maybe it's the missting fully qualified name. Shouldn't perl print some
diagnostics if the pager cannot be found?

BTW: I tried (not sure which configuration I had reported the problem):

mailgate:/var/tmp # PATH= /usr/bin/perl -de 1

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

main::(-e:1):   1
  DB<1> @a=(1 .. 17)

  DB<2> x @a
0  1
1  2
2  3
3  4
4  5
5  6
6  7
7  8
8  9
9  10
10  11
11  12
12  13
13  14
14  15
15  16
16  17
  DB<3> |x @a

[1]+  Stopped                 PATH= /usr/bin/perl -de 1
(Perl seems to hang here)

Regards,
Ulrich