> [bepi - Sat Aug 20 15:45:51 2005]:
>
> This is a bug report for perl from [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.35 running under perl v5.8.7.
>
> Pod/Perldoc.pm adds also .pod extension (to perldoc argument) only if:
>
> 1) -m switch hasn't been specified
>
> or
>
> 2) for 'pod/' or 'pods/' subdirectories (even if -m switch has been
> specified).
>
> Sincerely, I don't know if there's a directive and/or specification
> and/or a
> reason that suggests to put *.pod files (shipped in a distribution)
> into a pod/
> or pods/ subdirectory, but there are many CPAN modules that don't do
> it! :-)
>
> So for example:
>
>       %> perldoc -m perlboot
>
> works well (in general with all core pods, since them lives under
> pods/
> directory), but:
>
>       %> perldoc -m lwpcook
>
> doesn't work (with the last you must have LWP installed in your
> system).
>
> IMHO, 1) and 2) conditions are a nonsense together.
>
> I've included a simple patch over Pod/Perldoc.pm 3.14 for checking
> also .pod (indipendently from -m switch presence).
>
> Regards
>
>       - Enrico

I'm not sure that this is a problem.  Looking at perldoc -h,

        -m   Display module's file in its entirety

A POD file, is not, however, a module.  So, when I try "perldoc -m
lwpcook" it fails since no lwpcook.pm file exists.  When I try "perldoc
-m lwpcook.pm", the file is found right away and displayed.