I've just uploaded a beta version of Compress::Zlib version 2 onto CPAN.

This is a substantial rewrite of Compress::Zlib that has touched the
majority of the existing code as well as adding some new features. I know a
lot of other modules rely either directly or indirectly on Compress::Zlib,
so I want to make sure I haven't screwed up before I remove the beta status
from the CPAN. (I also need to finish off some parts of the module, but
that's another story)

That's where I need some help -- feedback on any part of this release is
welcome, but at the moment I'm particularly keen on hearing how folk get on
with building the module on the more exotic Operating Systems out there. To
date I've checked the module works with Linux, Solaris, AIX and Windows XP.
I'm certain there are still wrinkles that need to be ironed out.

Similarly, if you have an application or module that uses Compress::Zlib
either directly or indirectly, I'd like to hear from you if you think I've
broken any backward compatibility with version 1.

Paul