On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Jesse Eversole wrote:
> I have an application that depends on Storeable.pm and it looks like
> Activestate 5.8.4 has a release of Storable that is incompatable with
> the latest version of Storable.pm on CPAN. Is this true? If so is
> there a way I can update my Linux distribution to be compatible with
> Activestate 5.8.4 Storable?

There is no difference between the Storable in ActivePerl 5.8.4 and
"core/CPAN" Perl 5.8.4.

The latest version of Storable on CPAN is 2.15, which should write
compatible datafiles for Storable 2.12 included in 5.8.4 as long as you
are not using weak references.

Could you provide more information about how the versions are incompatible?

Cheers,
-Jan