On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 06:51:22AM -0700, Yeoman, Dave wrote:
> I'm by no means an expert with perl, but I need some Perl help.  We have one
> x440 server with RH 3.0.5 and perl v5.8.0 built for
> i386-linux-thread-multiand and another server x445 upgraded with RH 4.0 perl
> v5.8.5 built for i386-linux-thread-multi.  The server with Perl v5.8.5
> produces different results from the pop (line 458 below) and I'm not sure
> why.  Can you help answer my question?

RedHat seriously mangled its release of 5.8.0.  Amongst other things, its
not really 5.8.0 but 5.8.0 + a pile of Unicode patches from the development
branch of Perl at the time.  There are many, many problems with it.  I don't
know if your pop() issue is due to this but I would suggest you save yourself
some future pain and not use it at all.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.