Steve> I've seen this issue elsewhere but haven't caught whether the
Steve> problem is with the default Perl installed on OS X 10.4, or if
Steve> this is a freshly built maint.  Which are you seeing this on?

Steve> The actually cause of the problem lies in how Scalar::Utils is
Steve> built.  The implementation you have was built without compiling
Steve> the XS portion of Scalar::Utils.  If you do a fresh install of
Steve> Scalar::Utils, the problems are fixed.

Yeah, so that's the problem.  I install a new Perl, it installs the
non-XS version of Scalar::Util.  Then I can't install Storable (or
many other things) because they say "weak isn't supported".  Sure,
installing Scalar::Util from the CPAN fixes it, but that's not listed
as a prereq so it doesn't happen automatically.

Thus, Storable's test needs to ignore the "weak isn't supported" error
(right now, that's fatal to the test).  This would be the bugreport
for P5P.