> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Mon Sep 12 04:13:08 2005]:
> I was not aware that the Windows® Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK can be
> used with WinXP (SP2). I have unfortunately not seen the remark on the
> downloadpage:
>
> "This edition of the SDK replaces the previous SDKs for Windows XP SP2
> and Windows Server 2003 and can be used to develop applications for
> those platforms."
>
> I think it would be a good idea to remove the link to PSDK for Win
> XPSP2
> within the README.win32 file, because this PSDK seems really not to
> work
> and "for Win XPSP2" mislead that this PSDK is the one and only
> suitable
> for WinXP (SP2).

OK, I'll do something about updating those links.

> ---
>
> The Windows® Server 2003 SP1 PSDK indeed provides the src files
> within
> the CORE component. Unfortunately the compilation of perl 5.8.7 aborts
> because of another missing file: delayimp.lib

Ah, you've missed a bit in the instructions.  Right at the end of the
section on building with the free toolkit it says:

"You will need to edit that file to comment-out CCTYPE = MSVC60 (since
that enables delay-loading of the Winsock DLL which the free toolkit
does not support)"

If you comment-out "CCTYPE = MSVC60" like it says then delayimp.lib will
no longer be required.

(I don't know of anything free that provides this file, hence the
instruction to simply avoid using it at all.)

- Steve