On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 10:33:45PM -0400, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> Test 7 is failing because normally on VMS, unless you specify otherwise,
> you get exclusive access to the file, so the second open is failing.
>
> The logical name DECC$FILE_SHARING defined as "ENABLE" will change VMS
> behavior to that of UNIX which will allow test 7 to pass.
>
> I can probably come up with some code to have the script on VMS make
> sure that that value is set and to clear it on exit.
>
> Test 8 is more of a problem.  The issue is that the buffers for the
> other stream written by the new_tb->output("some_file") have not made it
> to disk, so they can not yet be read by the new input stream to pass the
> test.
>
> There does not seem to be a method of explicitly closing or flushing the
> output stream being written to by Test::Builder.

I was about to commit the test fix for this and then I realized that
Test::Builder unbuffers its newly created output filehandles.  Everything
should be written to disk immediately.  If not then there's a bug either
in Test::Builder's autoflush logic or in Perl.

Could you have another look at this?  Test::Builder _new_fh() and _autoflush()
will be of some interest.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Stabbing you in the face so you don't have to.