Larry Wall wrote:

> Yes, but has anyone pointed out that
>
>    @out = sort ^b cmp ^a, @in;
>
> won't do what people will certainly think it ought to?
>
> Larry

Well, this will hopefully be moot. I was inspired by discussion here, my
own disdain, and p5p strict issues to write an RFC simply titled
"sort-specific $a and $b must die". Judging by some posts I've read, I
think Jarkko and some others might agree with me a little here. :-)

Before anyone flares up, it'll be out next Wed. It's got a couple
alternatives which are just as short, but solve several problems. Just
thought I'd mention it here because it's relevant.

-Nate