Nathan Wiger wrote:

> "David L. Nicol" wrote:
> >
> >         @a["$i $j $k","$a $y $z"]       # two points in DN n-dim syntax
>
> One problem that immediately jumps out at me is how to do this:
>
>    @a[[@x], [@y]];
>
> That is, dynamically get your indices. The above seems ok when you know
> them in advance (at least what variables they're in), but this usually
> isn't the case with hardcore matrix manipulation. Having a fixed number
> of named indices isn't the norm.
>
> -Nate

I think I dealt with that in the next paragraph, suggesting

in effect I am suggesting exchanging the inner sqaure brackets for
double quotes, because that way the syntax matches more closely
what has been possible all along by using perl hashes.

--
                          David Nicol 816.235.1187 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          Kansas City Perl Mongers will meet Sept. 20th at 7:00 in