TC>     You will be miserable until you learn the difference between
TC>     scalar and list context, because certain operators know which
TC>     context they are in, and return a list in contexts wanting a
TC>     list, but a scalar value in contexts wanting a scalar.

TC> It sounds that you've not yet eradicated the misery of, well, if
TC> not ignorance, then at least of misunderstanding as far as it
TC> goes to how this context thing works.

I think we are in the edge cases here. I've been doing perl since
sometime in the mid perl4's and clearly I haven't run into something
that depended upon this.

I wonder how much it would hurt the -internals work.

I think I'm not alone in wanting to make the list/array dichotomy go away.

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183