On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 07:22:08PM +0000, Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:

> This is from a perl5.7.0 (well the current perforce depot) compiled
> with -pg and then run on a smallish example of my heavy OO day job app.
>
> The app reads 7300 lines of "verilog" and parses it with (tweaked) Parse-Yapp
> into tree of perl objects, messes with the parse tree and then calls
> a method to write verilog back out again.
>
> It isn't your typical perl app but it is one I am interested in speeding
> up. (Maybe even in perl5.)
>
> Anyone surprised by the top few entries:

Nope. It looks close to what I saw when I profiled perl 5.004 and 5.005
running over innlog.pl and cleanfeed. The only difference is the method
stuff, since neither of those were OO apps. The current Perl seems to
spend most of its time in the op dispatch loop and in dealing with
internal data structures.

--
Ed Mooring ([EMAIL PROTECTED])