On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 06:14:10PM -0400, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> Paragraphs.
>
>     sub legal {
>         print <<<FOO
>             Attention criminal slacker, we have yet
>         to receive payment for our legal services.
>
>                     Love and kisses
>         FOO
>     }
>
> Obviously stripping all whitespace in this case is wrong, yet its
> exactly the kind of thing which you'd want to use <<< for.  You could
> prescan for the smallest number of leading whitespace and strip that.
> Might be more trouble than its worth.

I thought this problem would've been neatly solved by my proposed:

    print <<<"FOO" =~ s/^ {8}//;
        Attention criminal slacker, we have yet
        to receive payment for our legal services.

                    Love and kisses

    FOO

<<< would be used to indicate leading whitespace on the ending identifier is
ignored (no whitespace is stripped, it's simply ignored in the search for
"FOO"), but nothing else.

However, noone commented on it.  Is it too horrible to be contemplated?  :)

Michael
--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net
Programmer, System Administrator   www.gallanttech.com