I know it seems at first like a lot of mindless paperwork, but it will
serve to make us agree on what we're doing and how we're going to do
it.  I resisted all this at first, too, but the chaos of this
brainstorming phase will kill us if it persists into design and
implementation.

I've got some project management documents online at:
  http://dev.perl.org/pm/

I'll be adding more and revising those I have over the next few weeks
(excepting 20-30 Sep, when I'll be in England with dubious net
access).  This isn't my work, though, it's ours.  If you don't agree
with something, it's your responsibility to say so.

We all need to read these, agree or suggest changes, and arrive at a
consensus (or at least a decision :-).  Please do so.  Thanks,

Nat