2000-09-25-12:04:44 Matt Youell:
> Unless I hear compelling arguments to the contrary, I'll be
> withdrawing RFC 161 on Tuesday due to lack of interest.

If the only grounds is lack of interest, please just freeze it. It
can be tossed later if people turn up strong counterarguments, like
difficulting keeping the language's semantics intact or difficulty
delivering better performance than perl5. But neither of those
consequences look obviously foreordained to me, and the proposal
very sweetly allows us to bring to bear the object-overloading
machinery on adding extensions and customizing the language.

I think the proposal is daring and perhaps a bit more extreme than
I'd be optimistic about actually getting, but if folks haven't
forcibly gunned it down please don't retract it.

In the spirit of perl borrowing from other languages, this would be
perl borrowing from Ruby:-).

-Bennett

PGP signature