On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 10:54:04AM -0700, Peter Scott wrote:
> I don't see how you could possibly do it without that any more than you can
> use numbers without understanding the range limits of integers and floating
> point roundoff.

You ignore that incidental detail until later on in the docs and
assume that by the time users start writing programs with numbers >
2**31 they'll have read that far.

--

Michael G Schwern      http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Just Another Stupid Consultant                      Perl6 Kwalitee Ashuranse