On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 08:06:42AM +0200, H . Merijn Brand wrote:
> On 27 Sep 2000 07:36:42 -0000, Perl6 RFC Librarian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This and other RFCs are available on the web at
> >   http://dev.perl.org/rfc/
> >
> > =head1 TITLE
> >
> > First-Class CGI Support
>
> Freezing within two days doesn't leave much space for comments and or
> objections does it?

Retractions are still possible with frozen RFCs.

Minor revisions and clarifications are still acceptable for frozen RFCs.
The intent of this RFC seems clearly stated.

That, and the discussion I saw seemed to have fleshed out the major issues,
and was getting bogged down in trivia (e.g. embperl).

> I'm not against making things easier in general, but I don't want perl to be
> Just Another Web Service. I've started an RFC on that when perl6 just started,
> but I saw discussions take a good direction, so I didn't post it.

Please post it.  Or something along the lines of what you were thinking.

> I think this one belongs in perl6-stdlib, certainly not in the perl6-core!

Probably.  But it has interaction with taint mode, which is also
something of an internals issue.  And there are some minor language
design issues, like making %CGI become the equivalent of %ENV and
making taint mode manditory (unless it's REEELY not wanted).

One strike against -stdlib, is that the standard library has CGI.pm
already, and this is a plea for a more standard, less feature-bloated
module that could easily be reused for all of the CGI output interfaces.

Z.