At 10:11 AM 11/2/00 -0500, Mark-Jason Dominus wrote:

>My critique of the Perl 6 RFC process and following discussion is now
>available at
>
>         http://www.perl.com/pub/2000/11/perl6rfc.html

The biggest issue I have with this (and had the first time around) is the
complaint about the IMPLEMENTATION section. Bluntly, I would really rather
there have been none included in the language RFCs and, for the ones that
had them, I rather liked Damian's "this space intentionally left blank" ones.

We have no infrastructure to build on. Whinging about a lack of
implementation details seems rather inappropriate.

Ideas are nice, but I expect most of the recommended implementations (if we
got them) would've been tossed out or wildly modified anyway, and it just
annoys folks to ignore things we've asked for.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk