On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 03:29:24AM +0000, David Grove wrote:
> If this should be a PDD, I'll be happy to propose it that way, but I will
> need some slight help in the specific implementation of the C code that
> does it.

I may have misunderstood the purpose of this group, but it's *API*, which
means we're not (yet) designing how the parser acts or is implemented, but
we're merely talking about how it communicates with the rest of Perl. So I
think we're expecting to see things along the lines of:

    OP*  parse(SV *); /* Parse a piece of code, return op tree */

    void parse_add_hook(int level, FPTR function, void* data);
    /* Add a hook (function) to be called at level (level) of parsing */

Have patience. :)

--
The angels want to wear my red shoes.