On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 02:34:08PM -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> Well, the idea was that the passed in PMC is either reusable, can be
> trashed, or is an aggregate of some point and we may autoviv the element
> corresponding to the key.

Right, OK, but how do we create them in the first place?

> Nope. PMC structures will be parcelled out from arenas and not malloc'd,
> and they won't be freed and re-malloced much.

Oh, phew, good. A bit too much Perl5-think on my part.

> We talked a few months ago about the structure of the base PMC piece. IIRC
> the general consensus is we need a flags field, a field for the garbage
> collector, and were going to tack on an integer and float fields as well
> for speed.

Yuh, that dawned on me just after I sent it. Basically, I've been doing
some quick mock-ups, and wasn't worrying about GC and things just yet.

Simon

--
Some people claim that the UNIX learning curve is steep, but at least you
only have to climb it once.