On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Dan Sugalski wrote:

> At 01:32 PM 2/20/2001 -0600, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> >
> >Hmm, I think of Python as more Babbit than Mahler.  Perl is ... John Cage?
>
> Would that mean that perl 6 corresponds to 4'33"? (If I have the composers
> right...)

As someone else pointed out, you are correct.  However, that's not exactly
what I was thinking with that analogy.  If Perl 6 is 4'33" that would be
most unfortunate.

Actually, I was thinking of the difference between "there is one way"
(Python & Babbitt's serialism (side note: Babbitt is a _really_ nice guy
and not a crazy fascist though I can't stand his music)) and TMTOWTDI
(John Cage for sure).

-dave

www.urth.org
We await the New Sun