On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 05:56:19PM -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> Nah, they only apply to data that perl's tagged as Unicode, either because
> its input stream is marked that way or because the program explicitly
> converted the data.

Oh, colour me dull. I read

    4) Data converted to Unicode (from ASCII, EBCDIC, one of the JIS
    encodings, or whatever) will be done into NFC.

as meaning that data in ASCII, EBCDIC, or whatever will be converted to
Unicode in NFC.

Now I know what you mean, I think the rules you've described are perfect.

--
Heh, heh, heh, heh... the NOISE of a bursar CHEWING Proctors' Memoranda.
    - Henry Braun is Oxford Zippy