Eric Roode writes:
: John Porter wrote:
: >IIUC, this ability is precisely what Larry was saying Perl6 would have.
:
: I may have my history wrong here, but didn't Ada try that?

Not at all.  The syntax of Ada was nailed down tighter that almost any
language that ever existed.

: Super-flexible, redefinable syntax? And wasn't the result that nobody could
: read anybody else's code, so Standards Committees were set up to
: define Legal Styles that basically reduced the syntaxes that you could
: use to just the One Standard Style?

Gee, you must be thinking of K&R C.  :-)

In any event, I'm not worried about it, as long as people predeclare
exactly which variant they're using.  And I'm also not worried that
we'll have any lack of style police trying to enforce Standard Perl 6.

Larry