On Wed May 11 00:51:48 2016, elizabeth wrote:
> Doesn’t this imply that prefix ++ on native ints is broken on the JVM.
> And thus, a lot of more got broken recently due to my changes??

That was my first thought, too. But this was the only place where rakudo-j got
a hickup. Prefix++ works fine in different other places (and you changed some
other postfix++ to prefix++ recently, IIRC). Probably this is another bug
surfacing.

On Wed May 11 00:59:24 2016, elizabeth wrote:
> Reverted for JVM in d9b19da , but I think this warrants further
> research.

Thanks, Liz! I already tried to find the cause of the problem before I opened
the ticket, but without success. However, we'll keep this ticket open until the
problem has be resolved.