Hello,

Unfortunately, I'm getting the same freeze/no echo behavior upon executing *my $in = get;* on the REPL. This obtains with perl6 running under cmd.exe, cmd.exe with Administrative privileges, and with powershell.exe.

Versions:

 * Rakudo version 2016.07.1 built on MoarVM version 2016.07
   implementing Perl 6.c;
 * Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

However! I was inspired by an email from Naoum Hankache <na...@hankache.com> I just now read regarding an error I encountered while reading his tutorial. His discovery was that putting the same commands within a script - rather than entering them at the REPL - fixed the problem. The same is true here: If I create a simple test file, e.g.:

   my $in = get;
   say $in;

and run that, then input echoes as expected, <Enter> terminates input, and the string is successfully echoed.