Yeah, it just got really noticeable when I had to run a relatively short script
over and over again, one that would have appeared to finish instantly on Perl
5. Startup time just stood out first since that’s about fifteen times higher on
6 vs stock 5. But I also see now that my full script has other performance
issues, that I have to dig elsewhere to sort out.

Thanks,
Thor Michael

> On 3. okt. 2016, at 00.35, Patrick R. Michaud <pmich...@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Oct 02, 2016 at 11:00:38AM +0200, Thor Michael Støre wrote:
>> Thormicks-MacBook-Pro-3:~ thormick$ time perl6 -e "say 'foo'"
>> foo
>>
>> real 0m0.205s
>> user 0m0.150s
>> sys  0m0.045s
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Foo indeed! ~200ms for this seems awfully slow to me.
>
> On another hand, my machine shows:
>
> $ time perl -MMoose -E "say 'foo'"
> foo
>
> real  0m0.190s
> user  0m0.172s
> sys   0m0.012s
>
> It feels like Perl 6 might at least be in the same ballpark as Perl 5 for
> similar capabilities.
>
> Startup time is definitely something to be aware of, but most people have
> needs beyond outputting a line of text to STDOUT.
>
> Pm

-------
Thor Michael Støre
thormich...@gmail.com